Tuesday 21 January 2014

Curling rock hat

Last November the city of Kitchener hosted the Road to the Roar, aka the olympic pre-trials for curling. I was signed up to be a volunteer, so I thought it would be fun to look the part! So I made this, following the pattern I got from Illumikniti (www.illumiknitidesign.etsy.com). I wore it all week long.  Everyone loved it and I sold them as fast as I could make them. I got some strange looks/comments when I went out in public!

Perhaps the funniest part is that another volunteer at the event had found a similar pattern that was knit, and she was making a few of them to take along when she and some of her friends went to Winnipeg for the actual olympic trials a few weeks later. We spent our breaks working on rock hats together.

No comments:

Post a Comment